Thursday, May 10, 2007

Is This the Kind of Money You Want?

Just the other day one of my friends, Linwood, asked me, “David, how are you doing in commodities?” I replied, “Why as a matter of fact, I’m checking on some profits right now.” Linwood went on to say that his cousin is a commodities broker. I replied, “And you have not invested in commodities yet? What are you waiting for?”

My friend went on to say that he wanted to learn more about commodities before he invested in them. He is very smart in wanting to learn before he jumps into something he does not fully understand.

Being a success coach in teaching people how to invest in commodities, I seized the opportunity to help him get acquainted with commodity investing. I pulled up a website that showed the prices of what commodities were trading at. I went over some basics like how to read and interpret the charts.

He then asked me where I thought he could invest $500. I proceeded to tell him that I thought Gold offered a good opportunity. I cautioned him that Gold was currently in an uptrend but that it would eventually pull back.

I then asked him what was the minimum amount of money he would be satisfied in making? The reason I asked this question is because I wanted to make sure his expectations were realistic. I asked him other questions too – like what was his timeframe for an expected payoff? He answered these questions. Based on his answers to the questions we devised a plan of action.

I advised him to take a look at investing in a Gold call option. At the time the option was priced at $490. I advised him that the commission and fees would add to this price a little. I said let’s watch the price for a week or two to see if he would have made money in the trade.

This strategy is referred to as “paper trading” or as I like to call it “play before you pay.”
It is a great way to learn how to invest and use different strategies before you risk your money.

The following day we watched the call option go up in price to $700. This represented a $210 profit in one day. Another way of looking at this is he could have made a 43% profit in one day. The next day when we looked at Gold, it was worth $800. So in two days he could have made a profit of $310 minus commission and fees. This amount represents a 63% profit in a couple of days.

Keep in mind this is money he did not have to do physical work for. It is what I call “sit down money”. On the otherhand, “stand there money” is when you have to work for someone else and stand there and accept however they treat you.

Decide today that you want as much sit down money as you can make. For more information visit http://www.themoneymotivator.com/ and order Wealthy Investing Secrets today.

Much More Success,

David D. Wells -
Master of Turning a Small Stash into a Huge Pile of Cash™

No comments: